Matt's Rise of the Runelords
Ailis Tapley (deceased)
Female half-elven rogue from Riddleport
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Weight: 174 lb.
INITIATIVE MOD: +3
BASE ATTACK BONUS: +1
SPELL RESIST: 0
|skillname||total bonus||ability||abil. mod||ranks||misc. mod||class skill|
|Sleight of Hand||8||DEX||+3||+2||+3||yes|
|Use Magic Device||6||CHA||+2||+1||+3||yes|
Conditional Skill Modifiers:
Racial +2 bonus to sight & sound-based perception checks (not included on skills table)
+2 to Disable Device if using masterwork thieves tools
Skill Focus (Stealth)
Weapon Finesse (Combat)
LANGUAGES: Common, Elven, Sylvan, Orc, and Varisian
- Low-light Vision: See twice as far as humans in poor illumination
- Keen Senses: +2 bonus on sight- and sound-based perception checks. Can make a perception check to spot secret or concealed door if pass within 10 feet regardless of whether actively looking for it.
- Elven Immunities: Immune to magic sleep;+2 racial saving bonus vs. enchantment spells or effects
- Elf Blood: Count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race
- Sneak Attack: Attack deals extra damage when an opponent is unable to effectively defend himself from my attack (is denied Dex bonus to AC). 1d6 at first level, increases by 1d6 every 2 rogue levels thereafter.
- Trapfinding: Can use perception skill to locate traps when Difficulty Class is higher than 20. Can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magical traps.
- Evasion: If makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on successful save, instead takes no damage.
- Fast Stealth(rogue talent): Allows a rogue to move at full speed using Stealth without penalty.
|armor||bonus||type||check penalty||max dex bonus||spell failure||weight||other properties/notes|
|leather armor||+2||light||0||+6||10%||15 lb|
|masterwork composite shortbow w/ +1 STR||+5||piercing||x3||1d6+1||70 ft.||arrows|
|thieves tools||1 lb||backpack||2 lb|
|belt pouch||.5 lb||bedroll||5 lb|
|waterskin||4 lb||5 rations||5 lb|
|explorer’s outfit||8 lb||entertainer’s outfit||4 lb|
|2 torches||2 lb||60 arrows||6 lb|
|rapier||2 lb||sap||2 lb|
|dagger||1 lb||shortbow||2 lb|
|leather armor||15 lb||silk rope||5 lb|
|grappling hook||4 lb||masterwork thieves tools||2 lb|
|masterwork composite shortbow w/ +1 STR||2 lb|
Light Load: 0-43 lb
Medium Load: 44-86 lb
Heavy Load: 87-130 lb
Lift Over Head: 130 lb
Lift Off Ground: 260 lb
Drag or Push: 650 lb
CP: 8 SP: 5 GP: 183 PP: 0
EXPERIENCE POINTS: 1300
NEXT LEVEL: 3300
The product of an extended affair between a human barmaid and an elven ne’er-do-well, Ailis was an unwanted reminder after her father abandoned her pregnant mother and her mother quickly seduced and married the inn’s human owner. Although her hands were often in demand for inn work and taking care of her younger brothers and sisters, her presence at any other time was not. From a very early age any time Ailis could escape was spent on the streets of Riddleport, exploring the city, making friends with strange and often dangerous people, and learning what she could from them. Those years developed her abilities to lie, steal, avoid notice, and protect herself while giving her a questionable sense of entitlement to the property and money of others.
At seventeen, Ailis ran away from home and began supporting herself on the streets through the appropriation and redistribution of the wealth of the citizens and visitors of Riddleport. No Robin Hood, most of the redistribution was to her benefit.
One night, Ailis let herself into a particularly well-appointed apartment late at night, where she surprised the sleeping occupant (and vice versa) while securing the belt pouch left on the side table. Quickly bolting (with coins), she escaped, but was unsure how well the man could describe her despite her coverings. The next morning, rumors abounded of a rich tourist under the protection of the pirate lords of Riddleport having been robbed. Known for their brutal and to-the-point examples of what happens to those who rob from them, Riddleport’s overlords were seldom crossed. Ailis deemed it a wise time to begin her explorations of the world outside of Riddleport-as quickly as possible-and got the hell out of town, headed for Magnimar via trade roads that very day.